Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The (N-1) Blogger Theory

In my first year, blogging was very new to us - as is the case with anyone who has not experienced the "core" of Internet before. We used to read the occasional quality posts by SMR and Co. Soon, we began to blog. Why?

Most of them started out on philosophy, culture and other topics belonging to that category.
Others wrote about technical stuff.
Very few wrote with a dose(s) of sarcasm and humour.

My first post was in the Summer of '69 - yeah right, it was the summer of 2005. It went on and on about my likes and dislikes in a very childish way. Before I started to write this post, I went through some of my old posts and my gosh, how embarrassed I felt! A few posts later, the blogging fever went down because I just did not know why I started the blog in the first place. The purpose was missing.

And then came Wordpress, with an aim to destroy Blogger. Wordpress gave out accounts on an invitational basis, just like GMail, and so to have a Wordpress account at that time was like being at the top of the world. Rohith or Badri I believe was the first one in our batch to get one. Soon I was able to snatch an invitation for myself and thus came out my second blog. The stupid Wordpress administrator even created a Hello World post and a sample comment to that as if people were too stupid to even figure out how to blog a new post. This blog just lasted a month. Reason? NO PURPOSE.

My third, and definitely my final, blog came out with a Pilot episode (inspired by TV shows). I finally realized what I wanted to do. Blogging seemed to be a way to preserve memories, let out my frustration, make some people very, VERY emotional - see the following table, et cetera (Long long ago, before we published our first research paper, I used to have the habit of using short forms for certain Latin words like everyone else until my guide scolded me for doing so. Since then, I have been using et cetera instead of etc., namely instead of .viz, et cetera.).

Emotional on the following scale:

10) x-) (I LOVE YOU!!!)

9) :))

8) :D


7) :)


6) :P


5) :|


4) :(


3) :((


2) x-(
(Sort of like ripping posters off my wall)

1) X-(
(There will be blood!)


Enough of the background information. What is this so called "The (N-1) Blogger Theory"?

Disclaimer: The following is not a figment of imagination of the author. After observing the IIIT Blogroll for 3 years, the disappointed, and subsequently frustrated, author finally decided to let his steam off. So you, as a reader, should not attempt to relate yourself to this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The (N-1) Blogger Theory

Given N bloggers, let the ith blogger publish a post at time t.
By time (t+delta), there will be 2*(N-1) comments (as pointless as the post itself) to that post - comment Cj by blogger j belonging to {N bloggers}-i and a reply to that comment, comment Cji, by blogger i almost immediately.
and Sum(Cj)=(N-1)=Sum(Cji)

Proof: Just check the IIIT Blogroll!

By the way, Blogger editor sucks big time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only you put the effort, you just put in to mathematically define our N-1 blogger theory, to start your thesis, it would have been completed by now.

casper said...

Ditto :D

Yaso Vardhan said...

kummav raa :P

BullzY said...

@rohith edisavu

BullzY said...

@casper ;)

BullzY said...

@yaso thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

**applause** :D

BullzY said...

@ghost **bows** :D

mythalez said...

as the senior, avid and more experienced blogger i blatantly state that all ur maths is incorrect :P.

ofcourse i dont need to give an explanation .. but i will bother anywya ...

u have ignored those who reply to all comments at once and in a single comment :P .. and those ppl r the proper bloggers ..
those who follow ur equations are still wannabes :P

BullzY said...

@mythalez :P

varun said...

this theory btw can also be extended to orkut fans...